Sunday 30 January 2011

(Pre-Production) Production Log - Week 1

As part of preparing for the opening sequence coursework, we looked at few examples of previous candidates work. This has helped me to give an idea of what needs to go in my coursework in order to achieve high marks and reach the Level 4 grade boundary. We were also given a mark scheme as shown in the image below to mark two candidates' work from last year. One of the candidates was a Level 2 example and the other was a Level 4 example. We wrote notes for the strengths, weaknesses and gave it an overall mark. This has been a useful task as it will help me with my own coursework of what I need to do to get the top marks.

















By looking at the difference between the Level 2 candidate and Level 4 candidate, I have learned that you need to explain things in more detail, research and analyse films and have organized planning.

This will inform my production because I will have a good and better understanding of the task set, have good time keeping since a lot of work is involved and there are several things I should avoid which could cause me to lose marks.

Below is an example of a candidate's opening sequence from last year. He has used various shots, dramatic sounds/music, lighting and appropriate props. It is an excellent opening sequence for a film and would take all these things into consideration when producing my opening sequence.



The things I will avoid is bad time keeping because I'd need to catch up with previous work since there is a lot of work involved and it will also cause me to be stressed out. As part of the construction process, I would need to avoid poor quality of graphics which looks over the top for an opening sequence as shown in the image below which was part of a thriller film:



Another thing I would avoid is poor grammar and unclear graphs/charts. In the image below, we can see that this candidate has not included a key for their pie chart and has overlapped text. These kinds of things is what loses marks, so I would definately avoid this. The analysis reflecting the survey is good but lacks appropriate grammar and punctuation marks.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment