Saturday 12 February 2011

(Pre-Production) Analysing Sound in British Social Realism

As part of our task, we had to analyse the sounds and it's effects in an opening sequence. I have decided to analyse sound for the British social realist film 'Bullet Boy'. In the video below, I have added annotations for the opening sequence up to 2:15.



The impact this research has had on my opening sequence is that I would need to add music which will create moods for the audience. I find that this is important because it helps them understand the context of the film better as well as the role of the main character. I would probably need to use a mixture of high notes and low notes to create tension on my opening sequence. I also found out that ambient sound is important in social realist films because it makes it seem more realistic, so I would take this into consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment